Being pregnant is a joyful experience. Join us and learn more about what you are experiencing and how to prepare for what is to come. Meet other expectant parents and learn in our relaxed informal classes. Our Bientôt Bébé prenatal classes allow you to:
- Learn about the physical changes that take place in your expectant body
- Learn about the emotional changes in yourself and/or your partner
- Learn about the process of childbirth and the interventions you might go through , stages of labour, caesarean birth
- Practice and learn comfort measures and coping skills for labor & delivery, including relaxation, breathing, positioning, massage, etc.
- Learn about medical pain management
- Meet with expectant parents whose babies will be born around the same time as yours
- Know when to go to the hospital
- Be exposed to a wide range of views about birth and parenting
- Feel less anxious
- Foster discussion between you and your partner
- Identify community resources
- Tour the RVH Birthing Centre and Postpartum Unit, or attend the monthly JGH Information session
- Learn about postpartum care of Mom, and assist you in adapting to parenthood
- How to feed your newborn: breast and/or bottle
- How to care for your newborn: bathing, diapering, bundling, etc.
- Learn to understand newborn behaviors
- Increase your feelings of satisfaction about yourself and/or your partner
Choose between our two formats:
1 weeknight class per week for 7 consecutive weeks (7 - 9 p.m.)
2 consecutive Saturdays or Sundays (9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.)
*Prenatal Class Fees
$175 per couple, taxes included, receipt given. Full payment is required 2 weeks prior to your classes' commencement to ensure your place.
(i.e. if you have already had a baby)
$35 per couple for each single class
Classes take place at:
Royal Victoria Hospital (Glen site) · MUHC
D.S1.1427 - RBC Conf. Rm / Cancer Centre
1001 Boul. Décarie
Jewish General Hospital · MUHC Affiliate
Pavilion H, room H-363
5790 Côte des Neiges Rd
Classes generally should be completed 3-4 weeks before your due date, or earlier if carrying twins/triplets.
A new course starts every 3 weeks so that we can easily accomodate your needs.
Discount permits are available at RVH for those attending our courses. Cost is presently $100 for a 7-visit pass, and may be purchased at the Parking Customer Desk, main floor.
Complimentary parking is available at JGH
*fees subject to change